COLLAGES BY GUILHERME LEPCA
Vermelho – Red
Amarelo – Yellow
Somente O Verde – Green
Feeling a little low at the start of this week, but these vibrant, monochromatic-themed collages by Guilherme Lepca have brightened my mood — color therapy usually does. I hope they do the same for you.
[via Hard Feelings]
OFFICE Accents BY APPREE
Tired of mundane office supplies? Me, too. It’s a busy day at the studio, but when I stumbled across these, I had to stop for a minute and share. First, the Ginko + Leaf-It stickies.
For notes, bookmarks, scribbling lines of Haiku, or simply adding a of the outdoors to your workspace, these memo pads by Appree come in a range of sizes, two colors and shapes.
Also by Appree, the Waterdrop magnet — light and elegant, they beat my ordinary earth magnets any day!
1. Identity Redesign for Cartoon Network | Must admit that at the start of the article, I was thinking… hmm, kind of sterile. Then I read a little further down… interesting secondary elements, OK… and the video clip cinched it. WOW! Give yourself a brilliant visual treat and start there.
2. Design Bureau | Keep the inspiration going with this multidisciplinary, global design digest served up in a clean, straightforward fashion. Diverse, quirky and well-written.
3. Constrainstorming | When your next brainstorming session gets swamped by possibilities, try these quick tips on exploring potential parameters to focus the group.
4. Establishing the Best Price | An interesting read on how to employ User Experience to uncover the most compelling price point. Useful for programmers as well as freelance designers (and studios, too!).
5. iTunes U | One of my core values is to never stop learning, and I’m forever blown away by the amount of quality, Undergrad and Graduate course lectures available online for FREE! My virtual classes have me currently studying up on Sociology, Anthropology and Culture at UC Berkeley, CCA, OTIS and Stanford. Why not join me on “campus” and check out the wide range of subjects at iTunes U?
HI-FI : BELLAVISTA SOCIAL PUB
A video homage to the design brilliance of Reid Miles, Hi-Fi is a must-see for any fan of typography and the iconic Blue Note Record album jackets.
HAND SILKCREENED PRINTS BY MATT WINGFIELD
Keeping with the day’s theme of simplicity, I love these playful prints by Matt Wingfield.
(via THE BEST PART)
LEVEL GROUND TRADING BY SUBPLOT DESIGN
The most honest designs seem to be catching my eye today, like this sumptuously simple coffee packaging by Subplot Design. Flavor seal kraft bags stamped with singular color themes are paired with photo portraits that celebrate the producers behind the product and hint to flavor profile. A very impactful rebrand!
(via Lovely Package)