OFFICE Accents BY APPREE
Tired of mundane office supplies? Me, too. It’s a busy day at the studio, but when I stumbled across these, I had to stop for a minute and share. First, the Ginko + Leaf-It stickies.
For notes, bookmarks, scribbling lines of Haiku, or simply adding a of the outdoors to your workspace, these memo pads by Appree come in a range of sizes, two colors and shapes.
Also by Appree, the Waterdrop magnet — light and elegant, they beat my ordinary earth magnets any day!
1. Ira Glass on Storytelling | I’m a bit obsessed with the weekly This American Life podcast and look forward to it every Monday. If you’re also are a fan of the show, these videos are a sure treat (though not the best quality). Psst: I encourage you to make a small donation of support to keep the genius of TAL alive! I used the text / phone option that Ira describes at the start of each episode — super easy!
2. The Living Principles: Creative Action for Collective Good | Intrigued by this online community that celebrates design thinking as an agent for positive cultural advancement.
3. Typography: Kalakari Display | This font would look amazing engraved or letterpressed — metallic or light ink on dark stock!
4. 10 TED Talks on Architecture | I’ll be putting some time aside this weekend to catch up on these presentations.
5. Fiber Optic Concrete | Amazing architectural and artistic installation potential.
ACE HOTEL MURAL BY TIMOTHY GOODMAN
As a designer of brand experiences, I am crazy-go-nuts about checking out interesting environments. Based on several recommendations from friends and this sensational, hand-drawn wall mural by Timothy Goodman, I’m mandating a stay at the Ace Hotel on my next trip to NYC.
Posted in Brandtastic, Design Thinking, Fun Stuff, Handmade, Inspiration, Modern Goods, Oddball, Presentation, Spaces & Places, Typography
Tagged hand rendered type, Illustration
POSTER AND PRODUCT DESIGN BY ALT/1977
Fueled by the concept of re-imagining modern technology for the ’70s consumer, these posters by ALT/1977 are just fun to look at. I especially love the cell phone!
ILLUSTRATIONS BY ANNE SMITH STUDIO
Sweet, quirky and great looking in sets, the ever expanding 100 Cups print series by Anne Smith is available at Etsy.
MOOD BOARD CREATOR BY OLIOBOARD
Soooo want to take the rest of the week off to play with Olioboard, an online mood board generator. Created by the user experience masters at Keele UX, the interactive space styling tool allows you to easily drag and drop from an ever expanding library of items, or pull from your own saved sets. No scissors or glue needed!
GEOLOGY TEACHER CHAIR BY PIERRE LESCOP
Last month, I attended a conference for Architects and Designers where one of the speakers suggested a compelling method of successful workspace design. The idea being to consider the user as a co-creator of the environment and maximize the capacity for adaptation.
The Geology Teacher Chair, named for the interlocking pieces that suggest the shifting of Earth’s tectonic plates, delivers on that very approach (and it’s just plain cool).