1. Ira Glass on Storytelling | I’m a bit obsessed with the weekly This American Life podcast and look forward to it every Monday. If you’re also are a fan of the show, these videos are a sure treat (though not the best quality). Psst: I encourage you to make a small donation of support to keep the genius of TAL alive! I used the text / phone option that Ira describes at the start of each episode — super easy!
2. The Living Principles: Creative Action for Collective Good | Intrigued by this online community that celebrates design thinking as an agent for positive cultural advancement.
3. Typography: Kalakari Display | This font would look amazing engraved or letterpressed — metallic or light ink on dark stock!
4. 10 TED Talks on Architecture | I’ll be putting some time aside this weekend to catch up on these presentations.
5. Fiber Optic Concrete | Amazing architectural and artistic installation potential.
ACE HOTEL MURAL BY TIMOTHY GOODMAN
As a designer of brand experiences, I am crazy-go-nuts about checking out interesting environments. Based on several recommendations from friends and this sensational, hand-drawn wall mural by Timothy Goodman, I’m mandating a stay at the Ace Hotel on my next trip to NYC.
Posted in Brandtastic, Design Thinking, Fun Stuff, Handmade, Inspiration, Modern Goods, Oddball, Presentation, Spaces & Places, Typography
Tagged hand rendered type, Illustration
“When you walk with purpose, you collide with destiny.”
POSTER AND PRODUCT DESIGN BY ALT/1977
Fueled by the concept of re-imagining modern technology for the ’70s consumer, these posters by ALT/1977 are just fun to look at. I especially love the cell phone!
WILD AIR POSTER BY STUDIO ON FIRE
Studio On Fire offers both design services and letterpress printing under one roof, a genius combination that only adds to the exceptional production quality of their beautiful work. I featured them in this previous post, and hope that I find myself in Minneapolis sometime so I might visit them in person.
Is it time for new business cards yet? Hmmm…
MOOD BOARD CREATOR BY OLIOBOARD
Soooo want to take the rest of the week off to play with Olioboard, an online mood board generator. Created by the user experience masters at Keele UX, the interactive space styling tool allows you to easily drag and drop from an ever expanding library of items, or pull from your own saved sets. No scissors or glue needed!
“COLOR CHIPS” SHERWIN-WILLIAMS AD BY McKINNEY
Conceptually clever and beautifully executed, this campaign by McKinney brings the extensive color range of Sherwin-Williams paints to glorious, three dimensional life.
[via koi koi koi]