1. Ira Glass on Storytelling | I’m a bit obsessed with the weekly This American Life podcast and look forward to it every Monday. If you’re also are a fan of the show, these videos are a sure treat (though not the best quality). Psst: I encourage you to make a small donation of support to keep the genius of TAL alive! I used the text / phone option that Ira describes at the start of each episode — super easy!
2. The Living Principles: Creative Action for Collective Good | Intrigued by this online community that celebrates design thinking as an agent for positive cultural advancement.
3. Typography: Kalakari Display | This font would look amazing engraved or letterpressed — metallic or light ink on dark stock!
4. 10 TED Talks on Architecture | I’ll be putting some time aside this weekend to catch up on these presentations.
5. Fiber Optic Concrete | Amazing architectural and artistic installation potential.
STEM NECKLACE BY KON ZUK
As a huge fan of KON ZUK pieces, I was thrilled when my man gifted me with the stainless steel Stem Necklace for my recent birthday. Really, anything from the amazing catalog of works that range from concrete settings, to powder coatings, to silver and platinum, will do.
BTW, any of you modern couples looking for unique engagement rings / wedding bands, start with this collection. Hint, hint!
ACE HOTEL MURAL BY TIMOTHY GOODMAN
As a designer of brand experiences, I am crazy-go-nuts about checking out interesting environments. Based on several recommendations from friends and this sensational, hand-drawn wall mural by Timothy Goodman, I’m mandating a stay at the Ace Hotel on my next trip to NYC.
Posted in Brandtastic, Design Thinking, Fun Stuff, Handmade, Inspiration, Modern Goods, Oddball, Presentation, Spaces & Places, Typography
Tagged hand rendered type, Illustration
“When you walk with purpose, you collide with destiny.”
POSTER AND PRODUCT DESIGN BY ALT/1977
Fueled by the concept of re-imagining modern technology for the ’70s consumer, these posters by ALT/1977 are just fun to look at. I especially love the cell phone!
ILLUSTRATIONS BY ANNE SMITH STUDIO
Sweet, quirky and great looking in sets, the ever expanding 100 Cups print series by Anne Smith is available at Etsy.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”